Check open positions in ASDEA
ASDEA is a leading engineering and scientific consulting firm.
Our multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers brings together different disciplines to solve complicated problems.
POSITION: Software Developer
The selected candidates will support new and on-going research and development projects. The selected candidates will contribute to the design and analysis of structural mechanical, energetic, magneto-hydrodynamic, thermal, or thermo-mechanical systems, with emphasis on state-of-the art computational techniques. The work will be in support of research and development projects, as well as programmatic deliverables. Under direction, selected candidates will apply comprehensive knowledge of dynamic, structural, fluid, and/or thermal computer codes to independently contribute to technical projects.
- Perform and document static, dynamic, modal, hydrodynamic, magneto-hydrodynamic, thermal, and/or multi-physics analyses
- Simulate and evaluate system response and performance to support or guide design, testing, modification, and optimization
- Contribute to the development of finite element and other models of mechanical systems to aid in the design process, specifically material selection, and detailed specification of design geometry
- Support analysis quality practices including process standardization, configuration management of analysis files and software, verification, and validation
- Work with other analysts, code developers, engineers, and subject matter experts to solve technical problems
- Follow established procedures and prepare safety and engineering documentation
- Contribute to the fulfillment of technical projects and organizational objectives
- Report technical approaches and publish as appropriate
- Participate in formal design reviews as required
- Work independently and with teams to solve complex engineering analysis problems
Qualifications for this position include:
- MS or PhD degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge
- Fundamental knowledge of elasticity, plasticity, failure, and heat transfer in engineering materials/structures
- Knowledge of materials properties and associated analytical models used in mechanical engineering problem solving
- Experience with engineering analysis using dynamic, structural, fluid, and/or thermal computer codes
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills
- Fundamental verbal and written communication skills necessary to interact with a multi-disciplinary research team, author technical and scientific reports and papers, document analyses, and deliver scientific presentations
- Knowledge of nuclear weapon system mechanical design details and materials
- Experience with FEM codes, ABAQUS, ANSYS, NASTRAN, ALE3D, Cosmos, and/or Pro/E
- Experience programming with Matlab, Perl, Python, C, and/or Fortran
- Experience in material, modal, vibration, impact, thermal, hydrodynamic, or magneto-hydrodynamic test related activities such as experimental design, instrumentation, data processing, or comparison of test and analysis
- Experience with uncertainty quantification or statistics
- Knowledge of advanced constitutive models for metals, composites, ceramics, foams, geologic materials, or polymers including hyper elasticity, viscoelasticity, creep, plasticity, damage, fatigue, aging, fracture, thermal effects, anisotropy, in homogeneity, and/or probabilistic characterization
- To apply, please Download and fill out the Self-Evaluation Form. Then, click the Apply for this Position button and attach it along with your CV and cover letter.
POSITION: Structural Engineer
The selected candidates will support new and on-going design and analysis of new and existing structures with emphasis on state-of-the art computational techniques.
- Coordinate and plan projects
- Communicate with clients to understand project requirements
- Plan and formulate engineering programs and organize project staff according to project requirements
- Perform analysis and design of structural systems for all types of buildings and materials using various building codes
- Evaluate the design and results of the project and prepare documents such as drawings and specifications
Qualifications for this position include:
- A Master’s or PhD degree specializing in Civil Engineering with a structural emphasis or equivalent
- Strong analytical skills, computer problem skills, ability to conduct field investigations, and ability to develop successful client relations
- Experience with AutoCAD 2D/3D(or other CAD Software)
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office and Adobe products, especially MS Excel
- Knowledge of computer modeling and graphics software
- Good communication skills with an ability to communicate in English (both verbally and in writing)
- A desire to learn and expand your knowledge base
- Attention to detail, dedication to quality and accuracy, desire to work in a fast paced environment, and effective leadership skills
- Experience with software development is a plus
To apply, please Download and fill out the Self-Evaluation Form. Then, click the Apply for this Position button and attach it along with your CV and cover letter.